Thursday, October 21, 2010

Poetry: Authentic-izm

Authentic-izm
By: Enjoli Rountree  
Copyright April 19, 2008
 
Why is autism a bad thing? 

Because you choose to seeit that way? 

Because you know what perfection is?

Why is being different so wrong? 

Is it the unconscious insane thought that things will get better by doing what we've always done?   

Let's change the perception of autism.  

Let the the children teach and learn.

Admire the genius within them that chooses to be authentic regardless of circumstance or 
surroundings.  

I too have wanted to completely shut down due to the overwhelming energy around me and I delt with it because it is considered inappropriate to go against the grain.  

These children are blessings to this world. 

To remind us to let go of the deep rooted judgments and expectations.  

Allow these divine pieces of perfection to shine their beautiful light.  

Lets stop projecting our past onto their future and notice they are highly intelligent, creative and connected beings who have a purpose like you and I.  

I know they are here to be examples of what it truly means to break free.
 
It's not Autism! It's Authentic-ism!

No comments:

Post a Comment