Thursday, September 2, 2010

Advertising and it's Contribution to the Trivial and Pointless, My Mercury Retrograde thoughts and I challenge YOU!

I am an Aries sun sign with a Gemini rising and a Virgo moon. Since Mercury rules both Gemini and Virgo, I get to feel the blessed impacts of Mercury Retrograde in major degrees.  I have learned that it is a powerful time of introspection and manifestation and boy is my brain chearrning!

I have been thinking about how the media does a wonderful job with keeping people in lock step with the current culture.  From who just got a new boob job to the newest fall fashions. 

There are very few advertisments about true personal growth and clarity.  The television and cable broadcasting repeatedly bombards the viewer with advertisments that are so full of crap that most viewers blindly find value in it. The fear of loss.  I heard a quote one day it went like this

"There is a strange race of people described as spending their lives doing things they detest, to make money they don’t want, to buy things they don’t need, to impress people they don’t like." ~ Emile Henry Gauvreau
 
We are living in a time where people feel more confortable with dis-ease and popping pills, to fit in as a fellow victim in the pain body of society, than to take care of themselves and trust the pure intuitive wisdom that is surging through each of us!

Right now I am feeling that this is a time to go inside and pull out the big dreams and visions of our childhood, dust them off and see them through.  This time period is about remembering... We are divine and you are divinity!

When is the last time you experienced a day withough consuming anything but h2o and nutrient rich food that you body is asking for?  I mean a day where you do not drink coffee, alchohol or smoke a cigarette, no doctor prescribed or self prescribed medications and no frivelous money spending.  

How many days can you do this for????? I challenge myself and I challenge you!!!

Game on!

Blessings! Namaste

GiaTree

No comments:

Post a Comment