As I ran arrands this morning, I was guided to go into the GoodWill in town. I was grateful to find a number of Calvin Klein and Banana Republic Jeans that fit me, looked Fabulous and were less than $7a pair.
While I was waiting for the fitting room, I crossed paths with an older man who didn't look so happy. I looked at him and smiled big. In that moment I saw his heart unlock and the biggest smile I have ever seen poured from this man's face. It was magical. I was momentarily overwhelmed with joy at what has just happened.
Next he began cracking jokes to his two friends that were behind him and they all started laughing!! I couldn't help but pick up on the vibration and giggle out loud myself.
By the time I had finished in the fitting room the man was in line waiting to check out. He turned around as though he felt me coming and said, "Please, you go first!" with a GRAND SMILE! I said, "Thank you!" he began smiling and giggling again.
I paid for my jeans, turned to the man. I said, "Have a beautiful day!" and he took off his hat, nodded and said,"And you Ma'am, keep smiling, you are a ray of sunshine!"
I said, "Thank you! I will!" and I floated out of the store.
It is quite amazing what one simple act can do...
I am not sure what was going on in that man's head or what he was dealing with, but I am sure that he is in much better spirits about it now and has even found a solution if there was a challenge.
Life is good!!! SMILE! (It keeps 'em guessing!)
Blessings! Namaste
GiaTree
No comments:
Post a Comment